Crumb-Coated Red Snapper
“I reel in compliments with this moist, crispy red snapper recipe. Heart-healthy omega-3 oils are an added bonus with my simple but delicious entree that’s done in mere minutes. It’s one of the best red snapper recipes I’ve found.” —Charlotte Elliott, Neenah, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 red snapper filet (6 oz each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, lemon pepper and salt; add fillets, one at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, cook fillets in oil, in batches, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side.
1 fillet: 288 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 36g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.