Crispy Onion Chicken
“My family loves chicken, and I’m always trying new ways to prepare it. This golden-brown chicken with its crunchy french-fried onion coating is great with rice, baked potatoes, macaroni salad or potato salad.” —Charlotte Smith, McDonald, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can cheddar or original French-fried onions crushed, divided, 6 ounces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup crushed onions. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
1 chicken breast half : 603 calories, 47g fat (21g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fibre), 23g protein.