Crispy Dill Tilapia
“Every week I try to serve a new healthy fish. With its fresh dill and delicious panko bread crumb herb crust, this dish with mild tilapia is a winner.” —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
Taste of Home
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 5 ingredients.
- Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; brush with lemon juice. Top with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere.
- Bake, uncovered, on an upper oven rack until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
- This breading would complement most types of fish. Try it on salmon if you prefer.
- If you don't have fresh dill, a bit of fresh thyme would be great with fish and lemon.
- Tossing the bread crumbs with a bit of oil helps it crisp up in the short amount of time it takes to cook the fish.
1 fillet: 256 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 34g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.