Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
“I love to serve this pumpkin hummus with sliced apples, pears and pita chips. Top it with toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of pumpkin oil and even fried sage leaves.” —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
Taste of Home
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas rinsed and drained, 15 ounces
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil or pumpkin seed oil
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed oil or olive oil optional
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Baked pita chips and sliced apples and pears
- In a food processor, combine the first 9 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with oil if desired; top with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds. Serve with pita chips, apples and pears.
1/4 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.