Mocha Truffle Cheesecake
“I went through a phase when I couldn’t get enough cheesecake or coffee, so I created this rich dessert. Its brownie-like crust and creamy mocha layer really hit the spot. It’s ideal for get-togethers because it can be made in advance.” —Shannon Dormady, Great Falls, Montana
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16servings||20minutes||50minutes + chilling|
|50minutes + chilling|
- 1 package devil's food cake mix regular size
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 to 3 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 packages cream cheese softened (8 oz each)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 3 to 6 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp baking cocoa optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, egg and coffee granules until well blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and melted chips. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 50-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 484 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fibre), 7g protein.