Creamy Chicken Enchilada Pizza
“This is a twist on a family favourite. We wanted the taste of my chicken enchilada recipe, but we wanted it even faster. This kicked-up pizza is the fun creation we came up with.” —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 tube refrigerated thin pizza crust 11 ounces
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces, softened, cubed
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ready-to-use fajita chicken strips cubed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce
- shredded lettuce optional
- chopped tomatoes optional
- Sliced ripe olives optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheese, cumin, garlic powder and salt over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until blended. Remove from heat. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Spread over crust. Drizzle with salsa and enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 8-12 minutes longer. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Test Kitchen tips
- The super creamy topping on this pizza will prevent the bottom of the crust from crisping up as much as a traditional pizza.
1 piece: 428 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fibre), 20g protein.