Cranberry-Pear Coffee Cake
This is my favourite cake to make for last-minute occasions. I also make it to give to friends because it always turns out just right, and it’s made with ingredients I normally have on-hand.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||25minutes||40minutes + cooling|
|40minutes + cooling|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pear peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen, thawed and chopped
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pear, cranberries and orange peel.
- Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar, sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 piece):
16 g fat
43 mg cholesterol
294 mg sodium
55 g carbohydrate
1 g fibre
2 g protein