Cod and Asparagus Bake
“In this bright and lively one-pan dish, green and red veggies back up tender fish, and lemon pulls everything together. You can use grated Parmesan cheese instead of Romano.” —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cod fillets 4 oz each
- 1 lb fresh thin asparagus trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place cod and asparagus in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan brushed with oil. Add tomatoes, cut sides down. Brush fish with lemon juice; sprinkle with lemon zest. Sprinkle fish and vegetables with Romano cheese. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; preheat broiler. Broil cod mixture 3-4 in. from heat until vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
- If asparagus isn't in season, fresh green beans make a fine substitute and will cook in about the same amount of time.
- We tested cod fillets that were about 3/4 in. thick. You'll need to adjust the bake time up or down if your fillets are thicker or thinner.
1 serving: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 23g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.