“My husband and I like to eat seafood at least once a week. Oranges and lemon juice give scallops a refreshing burst of flavour.” —Cheri Hawthorne, North Canton, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper julienned
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 4 medium navel oranges peeled and sectioned
- 2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and zest; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta.
1 serving (calculated without rice or pasta): 240 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fibre), 21g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.