Cinnamon-Raisin Banana Bread Pudding
“My family likes to change the toppings for this luscious dessert. We use berries, chopped nuts or fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or caramel topping. If I’m making the dessert for adults only, I love to add a little rum to the milk mixture to give the pudding extra flavour.” —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb cinnamon-raisin bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- vanilla ice cream optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. Stir in bread and pecans. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
1 cup: 374 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.