Cincinnati Chili Dogs
“My in-laws are from Ohio, so we have Cincinnati chili at many of our family gatherings. I spiced up this family classic with cinnamon and cocoa powder and then ladled it over hot dogs. It’s perfect for game day, tailgates and potlucks.” —Jennifer Gilbert, Brighton, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 small onions chopped, divided
- 2 cans tomato sauce 15 ounces each
- 1-1/2 tsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns split
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir ground beef until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine beef with 1 chopped onion; add the next 8 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low about 2 hours; add hot dogs. Continue cooking, covered, on low until heated through, about 2 hours longer.
- Serve on buns; top with shredded cheese and remaining chopped onion.
1 chili dog: 419 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fibre), 23g protein.