Chunky Creamy Chicken Soup
“I am a stay-at-home mom who relies on my slow cooker for fast, nutritious meals with minimal cleanup and prep time. I knew this recipe was a hit when I didn’t have any leftovers and my husband asked me to make it again.” —Nancy Clow, Mallorytown, Ontario
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans condensed cream of potato soup undiluted (10-3/4 oz each)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a large bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until chicken and vegetables are tender, about 4 hours .
- Stir in peas and cream. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
1 cup: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 24g protein.