Chorizo Tapas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
A delicious and healthy appetizer for a holiday party. The red pepper and cilantro garnish are also in the holiday colours of green and red.
Photo: Dietitians of Canada
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup roasted red peppers drained
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 15 slices baguette cut diagonally
- Diagonally cut chorizo into slices. Cook in a large non-stick frying pan, over medium heat, 2 minutes on each side until golden (or barbecue whole sausages, then cut into slices).
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, peppers and almonds in a food processor, and pulse until creamy, but still a little chunky. Add salt and pepper.
- Toast baguette slices, if desired. Spread each with a generous spoonful of sauce, then top with two or three slices of chorizo. Transfer to a platter and serve.