Chocolate-Topped Strawberry Cheesecake
“Creamy and airy, this gorgeous dessert is the perfect special something for a summer dinner party. I love the mix of smooth strawberry cheesecake and crumbly chocolate crust—and how elegant it looks on the table.” —Kathy Berger, Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs about 9 whole crackers
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 envelopes unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries thawed
- 2 packages fat-free cream cheese 8 ounces each, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton, divided frozen reduced-fat whipped topping 8 ounces, thawed
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove to a bowl. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute to food processor; process until smooth. While processing, gradually add gelatin mixture. Add pureed strawberries; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, 2-3 hours.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; remove rim. To serve, top with chocolate topping, remaining whipped topping and quartered strawberries.
1 slice: 244 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fibre), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.