Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies
Pumpkin pie meets brownies. The best of two worlds collide with this crowd-pleasing indulgence, creating the sweetest finale to the perfect meal.
Photo: Courtesy of Green & Black's Organic
- Chocolate Brownies
- 4 oz Green & Black's Organic 85% Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar or unrefined sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pumpkin Almond Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan melt Green & Black’s Organic 85% Dark Chocolate and butter/coconut oil on low heat while stirring regularly.
- Once melted, stir in the sugar and pumpkin puree, then eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and sea salt. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and fold in without over mixing.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. For fudgy brownies a toothpick inserted into the centre should come out with just a few wet crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool before frosting and cutting.
- For the frosting, stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Add more milk to achieve desired consistency. Thicker frosting has to be spread, while thinner icing can be drizzled.