Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
Toasted nuts, Nutella and liqueur transform fudgy homemade brownies into a hazelnut-lover’s dream. They’re perfect for a casual meal on Christmas Eve or as a yummy gift.
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16brownies||25minutes||30minutes + cooling|
|30minutes + cooling|
- 3/4 cup butter cubed
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in Nutella and liqueur. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in 1 cup nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake), 30-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 brownie: 371 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fibre), 5g protein.