Chocolate Candy Corn Cupcakes
“My oldest son asks me to make these cupcakes every year for his class Halloween party. I always get compliments about how tasty and cute these treats are.” —Nicole Clayton, Prescott, Arizona
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2dozen||25minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix regular size
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- orange paste food colouring
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping thawed, 8 ounces
- Chocolate candy corn
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Reserve cocoa packet from cake mix. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs, milk and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer half of the batter to a small bowl; tint orange with food colouring. To other half of batter, stir in contents of cocoa packet.
- Divide chocolate batter among prepared cups. Carefully top with orange batter; do not swirl. Bake and cool as package directs.
- To serve, top cupcakes with whipped topping and candy corn. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 cupcake: 163 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.