Chocolate Banana Bundles
“Banana and chocolate are such an irresistible combo that I make this quick dessert often. You can also top them with the butter and brown sugar mixture left over from coating the bananas, or sprinkle on a dash of sea salt.” —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puffed pastry thawed
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate melted
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 4 rectangles. Place a halved banana in centre of each square. Overlap 2 opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
1 serving: 596 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.