Chicken with Couscous
“My sister shared this recipe, and it’s been a hit with me, my husband and our friends ever since. After working all day, I love that this dish is fast to prepare. Plus, it’s irresistibly bright and delicious.” —Shari Ruffalo, Watertown, New York
Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package roasted garlic and olive oil couscous 5.8 ounces
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, contents of the couscous seasoning packet, water and 1 teaspoon oil. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the lemon juice, garlic and oregano; rub over chicken. In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir tomato into the couscous; serve with chicken.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup couscous: 357 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fibre), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.