Chicken Cordon Bleu
“The addition of bacon in this cordon bleu recipe makes it one of my favourite comforting recipes. I’ve made it for both friends and family, and everyone’s a fan.” —Jim Wick, Orlando, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 oz each)
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness; spread butter on the insides. Sprinkle with thyme. Top with a slice of ham and cheese; roll up tightly. Wrap each with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place flour in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano and cheese. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture; dip into flour to coat. Dip each again into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
1 chicken breast half : 654 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 70g protein.