Cheesy Zucchini Saute
“Although I no longer have a garden of my own, friends and neighbours keep me amply supplied with squash. As a thank-you, I tell them how to make this refreshing zucchini saute. It’s quick, easy and oh, so tasty!” —Doris Biggs, Felton, Delaware
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 3 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 tsp teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 tbsp Sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, basil, salt and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and olives.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
1 cup: 157 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.