Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
“These cheesy hashbrown potatoes were so popular at the morning meetings of our Mothers of Preschoolers group that we published it in our newsletter. It’s a great dish for busy moms because it can be prepared ahead of time. It’s perfect for brunches or to serve on Christmas morning. It’s creamy, comforting and tasty.” —Karen Burns, Chandler, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed, 30 ounces
- 2 cans condensed cream of potato soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces each
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Place in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is melted, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1/2 cup: 305 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 12g protein.