Cheesy Cauliflower Breakfast Casserole
“I love finding new ways to add veggies to my meals. This cauliflower breakfast casserole swaps in riced cauliflower for the usual hash browns to make it not only keto-friendly but also a real crowd-pleasing addition to the brunch rotation.” —Robyn Warren, Lakeway, Arkansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||30minutes||40minutes + standing|
|40minutes + standing|
- 1 lb bacon strips chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper chopped
- 9 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 4 cups frozen riced cauliflower thawed
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add onion and chopped peppers to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender, 6-8 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and ricotta. Stir in riced cauliflower, shredded cheeses, bacon, onion mixture, pepper and salt. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Freeze option: Cool baked casserole completely; cover tightly and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
1 piece: 307 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 21g protein.