Cheese-Stuffed Veal Loaf
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 medium onion, chopped
500 ml (2 cups / 165 g) mushrooms, sliced thinly
5 ml (1 tsp) garlic, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
675 g (1 1/2 lb) lean ground veal
1 egg, lightly beaten
125 ml (1/2 cup) Italian bread crumbs
1 small carrot, grated
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
145 g (5 oz) Havarti, in strips
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a skillet, wilt the onion, mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil until they begin to brown. Set aside to cool
- In a bowl, combine the veal, egg, bread crumbs, carrot, parsley and seasonings.
- Spray a loaf pan with olive oil and press half the meat mixture into it. Arrange the cheese over the top and cover with the remaining meat.
- Bake about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before unmolding and slicing.
- Serve hot.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2435