Caribbean Shrimp Bowl
“After switching to a paleo diet a few years ago, we have started eating tons of veggies for almost every meal—yes, even breakfast. We’ve gotten used to swapping in cauliflower, broccoli and kale in place of carbs like rice or potatoes. This bowl is literally chock-full of veggies and has tons of Caribbean-inspired flavour! Plus, it is so simple to make and uses one skillet!” —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil divided
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined, 26-30 per pound
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 package broccoli coleslaw mix 12 ounces
- 1 large sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple or unsweetened pineapple chunks drained
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add cauliflower rice, broccoli slaw, red pepper, onion, adobo, pepper, pepper flakes and salt. Cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes. Add pineapple, mango, cilantro and shrimp; heat through. Serve with additional cilantro if desired.
2-1/4 cups: 267 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fibre), 23g protein.