Roasted Tomato, Cannellini Bean and Avocado Salad with Pan-Fried Eggs
Tomatoes and white beans are a classic Italian combination that makes a perfect base for fried eggs. This dish is rich in antioxidants from the tomatoes and greens. Roasting the tomatoes adds a layer of sweetness to the dish.
Photo: Reader’s Digest Brain Power Cookbook
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 oz red cherry tomatoes
- 14 oz cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado diced
- 1-1/3 cups arugula
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking tray with baking (parchment) paper. Arrange the tomatoes on the tray. Roast for 15 minutes, until softened and lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with the cannellini beans, avocado, arugula, chives and lemon juice. Arrange on four serving plates.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until the whites have set, or until done to your liking.
- Serve the eggs on top of the bean mixture, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.