Breakfast Burrito Casserole
“A friend gave me this burrito casserole recipe and I modified it to fit our family. It’s perfect for a brunch, because you can prep it the night before and bake it the next morning.” —Krista Yoder, Due West, South Carolina
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 4 flour tortillas cut into 1-in. pieces, 10 inches
- 1-1/3 cups salsa divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- enchilada sauce Optional
- thinly sliced green onions Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg mixture over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove.
- In the same skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir together sour cream and soup. Spread half the sour cream mixture in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the tortilla pieces, half the salsa, the scrambled eggs, the sausage, and the remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture. Top with remaining salsa; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes. If desired, serve with enchilada sauce and sliced green onions.
- To Make Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time by 5 minutes.
1 cup: 506 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 1419mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fibre), 22g protein.