Bloody Witches Fingers
This is the perfect snack to pair with your potion or a hearty stew or soup. The spooky bread fingers are the perfect fuel to keep little hands from dipping into their trick or treating bag all night long. Up the gore factor and serve them alongside your favourite red pasta sauce for a truly bloody start to your night.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 3 tbsp Melted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Melted butter
- 4 tsp black sesame seeds
- 12 almonds
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- In large bowl, stir together sugar and water; sprinkle yeast over top and let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Stir in butter, cheese, parsley, basil and garlic. Stir in flour and salt until ragged dough forms. Using hands start to knead the dough in the bowl to bring it together.
- Scrape dough out onto floured work surface and knead for about 3 minutes or until soft dough forms. (Dough should not be sticky.) Place in buttered bowl and cover with clean tea towel and let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into about 4- inch (10 cm) fingers. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover with clean tea towel and let rise for about 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brush each finger with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Press an almond slice at end of each finger for the nails. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce.
Use store-bought pizza dough. Knead cheese, parsley, basil and garlic into 1 lb (500 g) fresh or frozen, thawed pizza dough and shape into 12 fingers . Continue with recipe as directed above. Store at room temperature for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 2 weeks.