Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies
Almond shortbread cookies cradle a delightful berry filling for this Christmas cookie favourite. The recipe is undeniably good.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup raspberry filling
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- On a heavily floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with edible glitter or confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
1 each: 167 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.