Beef in Onion Gravy
“I double this super recipe to feed our family of four so I’m sure to have leftovers to send with my husband to work for lunch. His co-workers tell him he’s lucky to have someone who fixes him such special meals. It’s our secret that it’s an easy slow cooker dinner!” —Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3servings||5minutes + standing||6hours|
|3servings||5minutes + standing|
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10-3/4 oz, undiluted
- 2 tbsp onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp beef broth
- 1 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 lb beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
1 serving: 326 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 31g protein.