Baki’s Old-World Cookies
“My uncles have always called these ‘cupcake cookies’ because of the unique and pretty way they’re baked. My maternal grandmother mixed up many a batch.” —Marilyn Louise Riggenbach, Ravenna, Ohio
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|36cookies||25minutes + chilling||20 minutes/batch|
|36cookies||25minutes + chilling|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add nuts. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon and cloves; add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Fill 36 generously greased muffin cups or individual 3-in. tins one-third to half full. Press dough around sides, leaving a depression in center. (If dough is too soft, add flour.)
- Bake until light brown, about 18 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; tap tins to remove cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 cookie: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.