Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
“I try to make foods that are not only kid friendly, but are also easy to reheat since my husband works long hours and often eats later than our children. If you like, use reduced-fat cheese and ground turkey for a lighter version.” —Melissa Stevens, Elk River, Minnesota
Taste of Home
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 bacon strips diced
- 1 can condensed tomato soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Optional: Barbecue sauce and prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in the soup, water, beef and bacon; heat through.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired.
1 serving: 389 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fibre), 25g protein.