Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins
“Wondering how to make potato skins taste great? I top my restaurant-worthy loaded potato skins with cheese, bacon and a dollop of sour cream. Have them at lunch, snack time or cocktail hour.” —Trish Perrin, Keizer, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 large baking potatoes baked
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 475°. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil with next 5 ingredients; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.
1 potato skin: 350 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fibre), 12g protein.