Apricot Almond Puff
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup) orange juice
180 ml (¾ cup) honey
2 ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
250 ml (1 cup) dried apricots
250 ml (1 cup) whole almonds, toasted then chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) bread crumbs
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
250 g (½ lb) butter, melted and the foam skimmed, warm
12 sheets, phyllo dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a saucepan, heat the orange juice with one-third of the honey, the cinnamon and the apricots. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut the apricots into sixths and set aside 125 ml / ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the apricots with the almonds, bread crumbs and sugar. Set aside.
- Butter a 20 cm / 8" square pan.
- Cut the phyllo dough into 24 20-cm / 8" squares. Cover with a damp tea towel.
- Using a pastry brush, generously butter 4 squares of dough and place them, one on top of the other, in the bottom of the pan. Spread one-quarter of the filling on top.
- Repeat three more times, ending with 8 sheets of buttered dough.
- Cut into eight portions and bake for 50 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the remaining honey with the reserved cooking liquid. Pour this syrup over the hot pastry and continue baking ten more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2712