Apple Butterscotch Crisp
“I give this classic dessert a rich twist with butterscotch pudding. The warm apple filling bubbles to perfection in a mini slow cooker.” —Jolanthe Erb, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Place apples in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired.
1 cup: 406 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fibre), 3g protein.