Apple Butter Bread Pudding
“This is one of my mother’s best recipes! I’m sure your family will be delighted with it, too. Serve it as a dessert or a very special breakfast treat.” —Jerri Gradert, Lincoln, Nebraska
Photo: Taste of Home
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 12servings|| 20minutes + standing|| 50minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 12servings|| 20minutes + standing|
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine apple butter and raisins. Spread over croissant bottoms; replace tops. Cut each croissant into 3 pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over croissants; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is softened.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 serving: 433 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fibre), 9g protein.