Angel Food Cake Roll
“There’s always room for dessert—especially when it’s this eye-catching angel food cake roll. We like strawberry yogurt in the filling, but different flavors work well, too.” —Joan Colbert, Sigourney, Iowa
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||30minutes + freezing||15minutes + cooling|
|12servings||30minutes + freezing|
|15minutes + cooling|
- 1 package angel food cake mix (16 oz)
- confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt (8 oz)
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 3 drops red food colouring optional
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a tea towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk together yogurt, pudding mix and, if desired, food colouring. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread yogurt mixture over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Cover tightly and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing.
1 slice: 243 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.