Air-Fryer Turkey Croquettes
“I grew up with a family that looked forward to Thanksgiving leftovers. But we didn’t just reheat turkey and spuds in the microwave—we took our culinary creativity to a new level with recipes like these air-fryer turkey croquettes. Serve them with a crisp green salad for an unforgettable meal.” —Meredith Coe, Charlottesville, Virginia
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups mashed potatoes with added milk and butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage or 1/4 tsp dried sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- Butter-flavoured cooking spray
- sour cream optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheeses, shallot, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; stir in turkey. Shape into twelve 1-in.-thick patties.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip croquettes in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, place croquettes in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown; 4-5 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream.
2 croquettes: 322 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fibre), 29g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.