10-Ingredient Easy Vegan Chili
“This vegan chili recipe is a great recipe to pull together, especially when you are short on groceries because it only takes 10 ingredients to make this baby!” – Maria Koutsogiannis
Photo: Maria Koutsogiannis, Food By Maria
|Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet white onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste
- 2 tablespoons chili spice mix
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco® Green Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 400 mL can lentils
- 1 400 mL can romano beans
- 1 500 mL can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups hot water
- vegan cheese (topping)
- fresh herbs (topping)
- fresh lime (topping)
- tortilla chips (optional topping)
- vegan cream cheese (optional topping)
- Into a large pot, add the olive oil and heat on medium heat for 30 seconds before adding the onion. Cook it down for 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
- To the pot, add garlic, vegetable stock paste, chili spice mix, Tabasco® Green Sauce, salt and pepper. Stir it all up until the onions are fully coated with spices and reduce heat to low.
- To the pot, add the lentils and beans. Stir until well-combined, increase heat to high and add diced tomatoes and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until beans are extremely buttery.
- Serve hot with all the toppings listed above.
You can add the leftover chili to this baked potato recipe or this shepherd's pie recipe.